"The only thing that hurts more than paying an income tax is not having to pay an income tax."
- Lord Thomas Robert Dewar

Current News
About Us
Why a CPA?
FAQ & Links
Tax Tips
Recent Ed
Contact Us

Specializing in Tax Services
Can you help me with these tax notices from the IRS?

Yes, I can communicate on your behalf with the IRS, set up an installment plan, or assist you with a permanent release from your tax debt if you qualify.

If a prior year’s tax return is incorrect, will you tell the IRS?

No, your relationship with me as an enrolled preparer is protected by the Department of Treasury’s Circular 230.  Further, my ethics as a CPA requires that our relationship be confidential to the extent permitted by law.

I will advise you concerning your obligation (or opportunity) to amend, if necessary.  Whether you act on my advice is your responsibility.

However, you must be willing to enter into compliance with the tax laws going forward in order for me to provide you with tax-related services. I will work with you to identify every legal deduction to which you are entitled.

How long do I have to keep a copy of my tax returns?

If you file a complete and accurate return, you should keep your tax returns for at least three years after filing or three years after the due date (including extensions), whichever is later. Keep business income tax returns and payroll tax returns for at least four years.

Tax returns and records relating to a home purchase or sale, investment transactions, IRAs or other retirement funds, and business or rental property should be kept longer; e.g., at least three years after filing a tax return for the year in which an asset is sold or a loss is fully utilized.

If there is incorrect reporting of income on your return, you can be audited for up to six years after filing or six years after the due date, whichever is later. If you have not filed a return for a specific year, you can be audited for that year indefinitely.

Records should be kept until all possibility of an IRS or state audit has passed. You should also be sure that your social security records are correct before disposing of any tax returns.
Frequently Asked Questions